Machine Learning algorithms can hugely impact the sector of e-commerce by categorizing and recommending…
Smartphones are almost an integral part of our lives today. They have a reasonable degree of intervention in our daily functioning and the way we work. You name a thing, and there is probably an app for it. Now and then, we see apps that unleash the potential of our smartphones even more and attempt to make our lives even more comfortable. The recent remarkable breakthrough in this direction is intelligent apps that are the result of adding artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to applications.
Intelligent apps are the next generation of applications that are smarter and contextually wiser. These apps use artificial intelligence, internet of things, big data analytics, and machine learning to provide users with custom insights and help them make decisions based on present and historical data.
Primarily, intelligent apps help users by:
- Automating repetitive, time-consuming tasks so that users can focus on activities of higher value,
- Providing a contextually-relevant response to every input—timely and accurately.
These apps use AI-enabled algorithms to identify the relevance of information. So, they know how to disregard any piece of information that is not suited to the context. They not only help improve efficiency by automating processes but also increase engagement by enhancing the user experience through personalized responses and solutions. Besides supporting critical decisions, these apps continue to learn from user interactions over time, thanks to machine learning. That means more accurate responses with less input.
Real-world Use of Intelligent Apps
- Virtual assistants using natural language processing and machine learning to receive and interpret voice commands and operate smart home devices
- A smart health app monitoring the activity of an elderly patient and sending an alarm to the family in case of a fall or prolonged non-activity
- Chatbots responding to user questions and driving the conversation triggered by user input and providing a personalized solution
- Recommendation engines on eCommerce websites that suggest relevant products based on your recent search queries or purchases
Intelligent App Development Using Azure Cognitive Services
When it comes to developing intelligent apps, Azure Cognitive Services are spearheading the innovation. They are responsible for several advancements in the area of cognitive apps. With abilities like face detection, speech recognition, computer vision, and language understanding, they are enabling applications to respond and interact in an almost human-like manner.
These services are APIs and SDKs that help developers add cognitive features to applications so that they can emulate human intelligence and interact with users through natural ways of communications i.e., seeing, hearing, speaking, comprehending, and even reasoning to some extent.
These APIs are divided into five categories, which are:
- Vision: To process and analyse the data in image and video formats
- Speech: To integrate listening and speaking features into the application
- Language: To comprehend and follow the input provided in the user’s own words and language
- Web search: To search the world wide web and return relevant results based on the search input
- Decision: To equip the application with cognitive ability to analyse the relevance and make effective and faster decisions
Machine learning helps apps to learn from every interaction and different data points. Another great advantage of Azure Cognitive Services is that developers don’t have to build and enhance an application from scratch. Neither do they require specific skills related to AI and data science for app development. They only need to add a few lines of code in the app, and that is all. Moreover, the APIs support any language and platform. Thus, cognitive services make even complex app development easy.
The growth in the intelligent application market is fueled by the progress in big data analytics and continuously increasing demand for advanced data analytics tools. Cognitive services are enabling developers to use specific components of artificial intelligence and leverage big data to build applications smarter than ever.
Applications that are contextually smart and deliver a personalized experience to users are becoming an indispensable need rather than an innovative value-add. As more businesses across the world are waking up to this need, building intelligent apps will be a key focus area in days to come. Intelligence applications are the future of applications, and Azure Cognitive Services are taking us close to the future. They promise to offer a phenomenal potential to revolutionize app experience by making apps more engaging and personalized and transforming the way of serving content to users.